1. The Introduction
This notice applies to Academy players registered with Continental Aspire Soccer, other than players employed under a standard form scholarship agreement or a standard form professional employment contract, who are the subject of a separate privacy notice.
This notice explains the type of information we process, why we are processing it and how that processing may affect you. The notice focuses on players who are registered with Continental Aspire Soccer as part of the Academy.
It also applies to players formerly registered with the Continental Aspire Soccer Academy. The notice is set out in this document (the Core Notice) and Annex 1 – Supplementary Information. In the Supplementary Information we explain what we mean by “personal data”, “processing”, “sensitive personal data” and other terms used in this notice.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
? 5. We do not keep your personal data for any specific period but will not keep it for longer than is necessary for our purposes. In general, we will keep your personal data for the duration of your registration and for a period afterwards.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
6. We will, where necessary, and as set out in this privacy notice, transfer your personal data outside the EEA to members of the Continental Aspire Soccer academy.
YOU’RE DATA RIGHTS
7. You have a right to make a subject access request to receive information about the data that we process about you.
In processing your personal data, we act as a data controller.
PARENT / GUARDIAN
9. It is important that you understand what this notice means and how it applies to you. To this end, because you are under 18 you should make sure that your parent or guardian has read this notice and has explained anything in it that you do not understand. If you or your parent or guardian would like to discuss anything in this notice or if you require any part of it to be explained or translated, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Occasionally, we may process your personal data in order to conduct scientific research into a particular study. This may take place by CAS medical, sports science or psychology staff measuring your performance in matches, training, academic exercises or otherwise, and using the data generated to undertake research in a particular scientific field. Where applicable, in addition to this notice, we will seek your consent in order to process or share this data.
WHO GETS TO SEE YOUR DATA? INTERNAL USE
7. Where necessary and as set out in this privacy notice, your personal data will be disclosed to your managers, coaches, Club medical and fitness professionals, Academy administrators, HR, Finance and other administrative staff. We will where necessary and as set out in this privacy notice also disclose this to other members of Continental Aspire Soccer.
8. We will only disclose your personal data outside the Continental Aspire Soccer if disclosure is consistent with a ground for processing on which we rely and doing so is lawful and fair to you. In particular, your personal data may be disclosed to the FA or another competent governing body or statutory authority as set out in this policy.
We will disclose your data if it is necessary for our legitimate interests as an organisation or the interests of a third party (but we will not do this if these interests are over-ridden by your interests and rights in particular to privacy). Where necessary, we will also disclose your personal data if you consent, where we are required to do so by law and in connection with criminal or regulatory investigations.
9. Specific circumstances in which your personal data may be disclosed include: Disclosure to external recipients of electronic communications (such as emails) which
• Contain your personal data; Disclosure on a confidential basis to a potential buyer of our business or company for
• The purposes of evaluation – but only if we were to contemplate selling; Disclosure and transfer disclosed to respond to law enforcement agency requests or
• Where required by applicable laws, pursuant to court orders, or arbitral or tribunal orders or rules of procedure, or to government regulations department tribunal orders or rules of procedure, or to government regulations departments or agencies or regulatory bodies (including disclosures to tax and employment authorities), employment and any other regulatory bodies); Disclosure on a confidential basis to our advisers for example to our lawyers for the
• Purposes of seeking legal advice or to further the interests of a company within the Continental Aspire Soccer in legal proceedings and to our accountants for auditing purposes; Disclosure to governing bodies including the Football Association, Football League,
• Premier League, UEFA or FIFA (each as required), where required; Disclosure to the Police, governmental, local governmental or quasi-governmental
• Bodies, as required when it relates to matters involving the safeguarding of children; Disclosure to our insurers;
• Disclosure of aggregated and anonymised diversity data to relevant regulators as part of a formal request; To third parties for the purpose of assessing efficiency of IT or business system device usage. In such cases the data sent to the third party will be anonymised where possible.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA – MORE INFORMATION
11. In connection with our business and for employment, administrative, management and legal purposes, we will where necessary and as set out in this privacy notice transfer your personal data outside the EEA to members of the CAS.
And on occasion other jurisdictions in which we are established. We will ensure that any transfer is lawful and that there are appropriate security arrangements.
In relation to intra-group transfers, the members of the CAS of companies have entered into an intra-group data sharing agreement ensuring appropriate and suitable safeguards with controllers/processors outside the EEA.
These are in standard terms approved by the European Commission. If you wish to see details of these safeguards, please ask the Continental Aspire Soccer team. A list of data recipients who receive material amounts of personal data and are located outside of the EEA is set out in Annex 2 – Extra-EEA Third Party Processors.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER RIGHTS
12. We try to be as open as we reasonably can about personal data that we process. If you would like specific information, just ask us.
You also have a legal right to make a “subject access request”.
If you exercise this right and we hold personal data about you, we are required to provide you with information on it, including: Giving you a description and copy of the personal data
Telling you why we are processing it
• If you make a subject access request and there is any question about who you are, we may require you to provide information from which we can satisfy ourselves as to your identity.
As well as your subject access right, you may have a legal right to have your personal data rectified or erased, to object to its processing or to have its processing restricted. If you have provided us with data about yourself (for example your address or bank details), you have the right to be given the data in machine readable format for transmitting to another data controller.
This only applies if the ground for processing is Consent or Contract. If we have relied on consent as a ground for processing, you may withdraw consent at any time – though if you do so that will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done before you withdraw consent.
13. If you have complaints relating to our processing of your personal data, you should raise these with the Academy Manager, Continental Aspire Soccer in the first instance. You may also raise complaints with your statutory regulator. For contact and other details ask HR.
STATUS OF THIS NOTICE
14. This notice does not mean that you have any contract of employment and does not create contractual rights or obligations. It may be amended by us at any time. Nothing in this notice is intended to create an employment relationship between us and any non-employee providing services to us
ANNEX 2 – EXTRA-EEA THIRD PARTY PROCESSORS
As indicated above, we may transfer your personal data outside the EEA in countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those applicable in the EEA. This transfer is covered by model clauses approved by the European Commission